Classic Nasi Lemak with Chicken Curry Kapitan


Not long ago, I mentioned here Aaron and I will be hosting a lunch dinner for a handful of good people. Really good friends in Adelaide. I couldn't think of what else to cook up for them apart from something so classical, something that represents the country I came from.


So I made a Nasi Lemak, complete with all the garnishes or topping, whatever you want to call it, except for the peanut because we both hate peanuts in our Nasi Lemak. The recipe could be found here.

The real good and spicy sambal with onion rings

Hard-boiled eggs. This one always finish in any Nasi Lemak party!

Cucumber slices. I like mine unpeeled. Feel free to peel yours.

On top of that, I have also made a Chicken Curry Kapitan to go with the Nasi Lemak. I adapted it from Ellie of Almost Bourdain. She has a very good write up on the origin of this dish and Peranakan culture so do drop by and check it out. Aaron probably chop the chicken int too small pieces. They turn into mush due to the long cooking but it wasn't overpowering nor salty. It is just very full of the herbs flavour that was used to infused it. The lemongrass taste was very strong but yeah...no one hate lemongrass...

So yeah, anyone wanna be my guest? Come find me in Adelaide! I'll do you a 3-course meal! I'm not in an way a good cook but I like playing with flavours so be prepared to be my experimental guinea pig if I were to cook for you!

Ellie, thanks for the awesome recipe, it was great and all my guests love it. And to think I took all the praises, I felt I should just share them with you! Thanks!!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Ellie (Almost Bourdain) said...

Hi Quinn, I am so glad you tried out the recipe. It's an awesome curry and I cook it often :) I am thrilled that all of you love it.

Kitchen Corner said...

I really wish to become your guess. Hey, I'm searching for Curry Kapitan recipe and here you have one. I must try the recipe. I ate once which was cooked with pork ribs. I think chicken kapitan sure very nice! Thanks for sharing :)

Anncoo said...

Can I be your guest too? 3 course meal with a dessert too?..hahaa..
Oh! I want to bookmark this, looks so tempting.

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

That looks scrumptious - thanks for posting the curry kapitan recipe. I've been looking for one for ages!

Jo said...

Hi Quinn, looks like you really cooked up a feast! Heh, I want to be invited too? Can or not?

noobcook said...

hungry after seeing the beautiful presentation with banana leaves, sambal and curry chicken :)~

Christine@Christine's Recipes said...

Oh, everyone in my family loves Nasi Lemak. I do want to be your guest if I go to Adelaide next time. :)

Quinn said...

Awww....Thanks guy, so supportive of you all...I'm happy to be hosting one if many of you all stay in Adelaide, seriously we should catch up!

The lunch was awesome, everything was finished!

3 hungry tummies said...

That is quite a spread you have there! I must really try making nasi lemak one day soon hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails