Roasted Pork Ribs


I roast pork ribs for Yann and Desmond when they were here some time back. They have been so nice to me. Yann cooked two dinners and one lunch for us and I decided this is pay back time.

Pay back time with succulent, juicy, fall off bones pork meat. Yann cooked a curry fish head and stir-fried a napa head. Awesome dinner, I love it! Everything was polished off!

I've used a chicken wing marinade for these ribs adapted from Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippet. They are so yummy. Sweetish and spicy. Here's the recipe. Thank you so so much Gertrude. Your recipe always makes me so impressed by others all the time!

Roasted Pork Ribs, lightly modified from My Kitchen Snippet's Oven Baked Chicken Wings
(makes enough to serve 4 or 5 people)

1 kg American spare ribs
3 tbsp of soy sauce
½ tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of paprika
1.5 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste


Wash and clean the ribs thoroughly. The below step is optional but good if you do it. See step-by-step photos here by Michael Chu.

There is a thin membrane on the inside of the ribs that goes over all the bones. Removing this membrane is optional, but generally a good idea. It can become a very tough sheet that tastes and feels like you're chewing on plastic if you cook it with the ribs. To remove it, just thrust a blunt object (like the blunt tip of a thermometer) in between the membrane and the bones. Wiggling your tool around a little should give you enough room to get a finger beneath the membrane. Once you've got a grip on the membrane, pull it away from the back of the ribs. You'll need to use some force, but if you're smooth about it, the membrane should come away as one piece. Using a paper towel can help you grip the membrane better if you have butterfingers.

Combine all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and coat the ribs with it thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.

Preheat oven to 180°C. Cover a baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray it with some garlic infused olive oil. Prop up the pork ribs on its side, coating liberally with marinade if there's any. Roast for 2 hours or until golden brown and slightly fall off bone when pierced with a fork. Flip them over on the otehr sides occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Anncoo said...

Mmm...This is truly delicious. How I wish I can join for this, Quinn :)

reanaclaire said...

wow..they certainly looked ravishing!!

ICook4Fun said...

Great idea to used the same marinate for ribs Quinn. I am sure my husband will like it.

Dodol & Mochi said...

Aiyo, looks so good! Quinn, you're making me salivate before bedtime! Damn!

Pei-Lin

Quinn said...

Anncoo: Thanks Ann! I'll cook for you and be my guest if I ever see you!

reanclaire: Thanks!

Gertrude: Yes Gertrude, taste absolutely delicious with ribs, make them for Carlos!

Pei Lin: Pei Lin, don't drool over them. Make some for tomorrow's dinner!

Alisa said...

Thanks for sharing the tip about the membrane.We love roasting ribs but I never thought about removing that part! I already subscribed to your posts! keep em coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails