Baby Spinach with Bacon Dressing


Have to agree with Pioneer Woman, this is indeed the best spinach salad ever! The warm bacon dressing is a killer. I use cider vinegar but I think any other wine vinegar would have tasted even better.


Crumbled bacon, pomegranate seeds along with caramelized red onions and sauteed mushrooms with every mouthful of bacon-dressing-coated-baby-spinach, it's a perfect yum and was a hit last Christmas!


The hard boiled egg....Jeez, I hate how Aaron spoils my good looking dish sometimes really! Can you imagine 9 out of 10 times he makes hard boiled eggs, they turned out perfecto btu the only time I need it to garnish my salad, he screw it up. I dare not even ask him to slice. I sliced it myself before he makes things worst. But it's okay, it still taste good. Aaron, I forgive you.

Please click on Pioneer Woman's link here for step-by-step awesome photos and funny stuffs. She cracks me up with laughter every time. I love you Pioneer Woman, I really do!

Pioneer Woman's Baby Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing, Sauteed Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions and Crumbled Bacon

3 nicely sliced hard-boiled eggs 7 slices middle bacon rashers, pan fried and crumbled, dripping reserved 250g baby spinach, properly cleaned and spinned dry
Pan fry 1 small red onion, thinly sliced with 2 tbsp of the bacon dripping. Season with salt to caramelize it until soft and done. In the same pan with no extra dripping needed, sauteed 1 package of white button mushrooms, sliced thinly until very brown.

Combine the baby spinach, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, crumbled bacon in a large mixing bowl and toss around. Mix together the following and warm it over the stove and pour over the spinach mixture. Toss well to coat again. Season with extra salt if needed or to taste.

3 tbsp bacon dripping
3 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
Dash of salt

Arrange egg slices on top of salad and sprinkle over a handful of pomegranate seeds and serve immediately. I'd recommend preheating the dressing only when you need to serve. Do not assemble before hand.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

yours deliciously said...

Have a soft spot for bacon *blush* Looks delicious!

Dodol & Mochi said...

This is a great salad recipe! I heart bacon, too! Hope to try it someday! Thanks, yea?

Pei-Lin

Quinn said...

Everyone has a soft spot for bacon!

Love your Sunshine salad too, loaded with bacon as well! Welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails