Linguine al Granchio

This was our lunch for today. Including washing, it took us under 30mins to do this. I have chopped parsley and garlic finely chopped and crushed in my refrigerator so it did save me some time here and there.


I use frozen blue swimmer crab claw meat (Sorry Tess) but the taste was not compromised. Mine was really sweet and juicy. The pasta in overall was delicious. I cut down the EVOO by 1 tbsp and use 5 ounces of pasta instead.

Pretty fail proof I would say. Recipe time! I adapted this from Tessa's fifth and latest book, Venezia. This is the first recipe I've ever cook from this book of hers. A lot of them uses ingredients like Scampi and scallops which is not often available in Adelaide and pricey but still, I believe I could do us a treat once in a while. Frozen crab meat is not cheap either. Priced at AUD30 per kg, I really procrastinated long enough before I bought it.


Linguine al granchio : adapted from Tessa Kiros's fifth book, Venezia
(Crab Linguini)

5 1/2 ounces linguini
4 tbsp EVOO
2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
8 ripe cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
2 tbsp chopped parsley
about 5 ounces fresh crab meat

Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and add salt. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. When the pasta is nearly ready, heat 3 tbsp of the EVOO and garliv in a large skillet (it will hold your pasta, too, later). Add the tomatoes and half the parsley. Cook for a minute or so, then add the crab meat and cook for another minute or so with a pinch of salt.

Drain the pasta saving a little of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the skillet and heat for a minute, adding a little of the cooking water if necessary to bring it all together.

Turn off the heat and add the rest of the parsley and EVOO. Serve immediately with a grinding of fresh black pepper.


Serves 2

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anncoo said...

This is one of my favourites. Now is my super time~~hungry already *=*

Quinn said...

Make some....easy peasy for you Ann!

Related Posts with Thumbnails