Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme and Orange

These grilled drumsticks are what we had for lunch today. I baked it first before grilling it to make it a lil' charred. Simply because Aaron likes everything mushy and fall off bone. So, i baked it for 40mins or so and grilled for 10mins. Way more than well done but that's just how we like it.



I dont know is it me or the recipe, I reckon there was way too much EVOO called for in the recipe and it makes way too much marinade for 6 drumsticks. I whisked and emulsify it for like forever but I still get two layers of separation.

The EVOO just somehow refuse to be blending into the garlic-orange-herby mixture. And using 2/3 cup of EVOO for this recipe certainly don't come cheap. Priced at AUD12.99 for a 500ml bottle, I have always used it sparingly. Oh well, I guess cooking is all about guesstimating unlike baking, where everything as to be as precise as possible in order for chemistry to react.

I like how it taste though. We both love it and finish everything. We like how the EVOO kept it moist and we certainly retained the oil for cooking purpose. It's like a herb-infused garlic EVOO. Very awesome! So, try it some day!

Recipe adapted from Elinluv, click here for recipe.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Karine said...

I love the combo of flavors of your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Quinn said...

Thanks Karine! We love this combination too!

nihaty said...

Many of the necessary vitamins are found in garlic as a natural antibiotic and food should be consumed in more than gives great flavor

Related Posts with Thumbnails