Tomato Egg Drop Soup


Wanna go nearer and see what's inside besides tomato and egg?


I added in homemade pork balls and tofu cubes. I love tofu!

The addition of fish sauce makes it a rather Vietnam-like soup. I might substitute fish sauce for soya sauce the next time I make this again. The taste of fish sauce unfortunately was not widely accepted by many.

I got the recipe from here. It's a Vietnam cuisine, no doubt. I did not follow the minced meat part though. I used WokkingMum's Tofu with Minced Pork to form pork balls before dropping them into the water. I used water and it didn't tasted very bland, which was good!

Again, this makes a large batch so you might probably wanna half it again. I always make more and have it over two days.

For the meat balls:

400g minced pork
4 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
Dashes of sesame oil

Mix all the above together and form balls. Set aside.

Boil 8 cups of water in a large pot.

Upon boiling, lower heat to medium and drop the meatballs in.

Next, add in 4 tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges each.

Add one whole box of silken tofu, cubed now.

Beat in 4 eggs (well beaten) and swirl with chopsticks to form egg drop.

Finally, add in: 2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp chicken powder (I omitted this)

Boil a few minutes and dish up. I did not use and cornflour thickener for this.

I do hope this will be helpful to many. Especially my younger sister who will be studying abroad real soon.

Bon Appetit!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails