Steam Fish

This is a real simple dish too. I adapted many of my easy cooking recipe from Happyhomemaker. I find them easy to do, requires no oil splattering all over me and fuss free. I made slight modifications to suit my taste.

This is my version of her recipe. I can't find white pomfret in Australia....Sob sob, pomfret is my favourite fish. Everyone in my family knows it.

500g of Basa fish fillets
1 thumb size ginger, peeled and shredded
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of pepper

Mixture A
3 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar + 3 tbsp hot water (dissolved together)

1 tsp sesame oil
Corianders (Lots and lots of them!)



Place cleaned, patted dry fish on a large plate.

Salt and pepper the fish slices until evenly coated.

Sprinkle ginger all over and below fish.

Combine Mixture A together and pour all over fish.

Steam in a wok, covered, on HIGH HEAT for 15mins.

Drizzle with the teaspoon of sesame oil and garnish with corianders.

There you go, ready to serve!


This has become a regular in my house. We have it at least once a week for dinner!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails