Sesame Oil Chicken


This is one dish I've done at least 3 times before I dare post it up to really tell you all 'Hey, this really works!'. I got this recipe from Happyhomemaker. I've used a lot of her recipe and they all turned out pretty well, so far.

I rename it because I couldn't taste much of soy sauce in it and all I could taste was sesame oil. But it's okay because everyone love it even more. Sesame oil is so fragrant and it gets more fragrant with every bite. I marinaded it overnight and just throw everything in the pan and steam and eat.

Very little washings done. Just one marinade bowl and one pan. You serve the chicken in the same pan you steam it.

I used springform pan and I wrapped the outer part of the pan with foil so no leakage into the wok too. Yes, simply rinse wok and steaming rack in water and that's it!

Taadaa:

7 large chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup of soya sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp black pepper (I use slighlty less)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour

Marinade all the above in a largebowl overnight and remember to rub the chicken parts repeatedly for at least a couple of minutes each so that they will be really tender and juicy.

Lay the drumsticks in a pan and stir the marinade gravy (must stir to evenly distribute the cornflour) and pour it all over the chicken.

Steam in a wok over high heat in the sequence below:

High heat: 10mins
Lower to medium heat: 20mins
And off heat, covered with wok cover: 20mins

Spoon all the gravy over your rice and that's it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails