BBQ Pork Ribs


As ugly as it seems, they are good when paired together and tasted awesome. You see a pile of black gravy because I didn't wanna waste the goodness and drizzle it all over the ribs.

I don't wanna compare mine to WokkingMum's because she is God-sent. I used the exact recipe and used less ribs. Only 400g, hence the excess gravy. But they went down really well with the Baked Potato Casserole. I won't do this often though because it requires a lot of step and I think this is pretty time consuming, really.

500g meaty pork ribs, slightly fatty preferred (I would have used more than this judging by the amount of gravy I have, probably will use 600g)
5 tablespoon light soya sauce
4 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
2 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
400ml Water


1) Blanch ribs and combine the rest of the ingredients in a large pot.
2) Add blanched ribs to all ingredients combined.
3) Bring to a boil and reduced to a simmer.
4) Simmer for 90mins.
5) Remove ribs and set aside.
6) Continue to boil the sauce till it's reduced by half and to a thick consistency. (I ACTUALLY MISS THIS STEP TOTALLY!)
7) Place ribs in a foil wrapped baking tray.
8) Spread the sauce on the ribs and baked for 10 minutes at 150°C (preheated oven!).
9) Bring out ribs to spread with more sauce.
10) Return to bake for another 10 minutes.
11) Turn the ribs over, spread sauce on it and bake for another15 minutes.
12) Spread sauce again half way through the baking.
13) Remove and serve.


You know what? The next time I do this, I will just do everything until step 4. Then I will remove it and dish it up. It's stil cooked anyway right?

Let you guys know if I ever experiment this way!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails