Baked Pandan Chicken

I've not been blogging cuz I've been busy with coursework. But I've not been lazy, I've been experimenting with this. This is a recipe I could proudly call my own. I created this out of no where. And really, based on the amount of time I cook, this is rather an achievement to be able to create a recipe and have it all gulped down. It was absolutely delicious!

I baked it instead of having it deep-fried, just like my Chee Pow Kai. Damn it, I just love all these deep fried food a lot. Hence, have to always think of alternative. Too unhealthy ler......

The wrapping part was tough because the succulent chicken pieces marinaded in wet gravy makes it really slippery to wrap. Also, due to the fact that pandan leaves are pretty expensive here ($2 Aussie dollar for 6 leaves), I can only afford to do this. I really wanna wrap it like WokkingMum. Sigh....

Recipe as follow:

2-3 Chicken Maryland fillets, deboned, skinned, cut into bite size
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 tsp blended ginger
1 tsp blended garlic
4 tbsp Premium Oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pandan essence (I used pandan paste)


Mix all the above together overnight.

Wrap in pandan leaves and bake at 200°C for 10-15mins.

I yield this much. I would have love it if it has a deep yellow colour rather than this green curry colour. I used pandan paste instead of pandan essence. I don't have any in hand... :(


Voila!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails