Baked Chicken Wingettes

Igot this lovely recipe from WokkingMum and it tasted awesome. Apart from it being a little too salty, everything else was alright. Until I left her a comment on her blog, she told me it should be:

100ml water
20ml soya sauce


INSTEAD OF:

100ml soya sauce
20ml water

which was originally posted in her blog. Oh my god...I used up a lot of soya sauce. With the old recipe of hers, I yield 25 chicken wingettes and I am still left with a lot of the sauce.

Anyway, I kept the leftover sauce, filtered away all the oil produced by the wingettes and store it in a jar. I dunno how long I could keep it but if it's in the fridge, I presume it's alright.

Whatever it is, I think this recipe and the way it is cooked is very special. It's cooked over stove with the sauce and then baked to give it a crispy edge. Very nice!


I would definitely do this again because it was delicious and also because I diluted the sauce with water upon realizing the error she did. So, I'm left witha lot of sauce, hahaha!


I used ginger paste instead of ginger juice. I could easily get ginger paste in tube form from Coles here. I never know how people could squeeze out so much ginger juice.


I like my baked wingettes. They look wonderful and taste superb. I will do this over and over again. I will also do this if I have a party to attend to bcause the cost itself is so cheap. Good to impress and good in serving for a large group of people.


12 chicken wingettes
20ml light soya sauce
100ml water
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tbsp ginger paste (I used slightly less than 1/2 tbsp)



Mix all ingredients in a pot.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
Remove wingettes and place them on a rack. Retain sauce for basting.
Bake them in the oven at 200°C for 7 minutes.
Remove the wingettes and dip them in the sauce previously retained from cooking.
Return to bake for another 5 minutes.
Serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails